Take a few minutes to check out these ten steps to success from 50 Cent and you'll be heading in the right direction.
- Be you. "I've heard demo tapes from ten different Lil' Waynes that weren't Lil' Wayne... It's good, but it's hard for me to embrace it because you aren't Lil' Wayne. You want me to invest in a copy?"
- Believe in yourself. "I thought I was ready in '97, and I didn't have a major music company marketing my project until 2003. For that time period, I had to be run on my own energy. I had to convince myself that I was going to make it, regardless of what people thought at the time. I feel like you can will yourself into a good space. Things that are meant to happen will. If you believe in yourself enough you can help yourself learn."
- Don't be ashamed of your past. "I think the things you go through make you who you are. I don't regret those things. I don't regret them because I don't think I would be who I am today if I didn't have to go through those situations. "
- It'll happen when it's supposed to happen. "No matter how much you think you're prepared for something, it never happens on your time. It always happens when it's supposed to happen."
- It's not about the money. "If I'm sitting here with you two years from now, and you're saying 'You're a billionaire,' I'm still going to be ambitious. Ambition is a learned behavior."
- What will your legacy be? "I'm a person that doesn't see limitations. When I look at some of the things I've actually accomplished, it becomes more important for me to focus on philanthropy. The people that resonate the strongest in their absence have done more for people when they're actually in good positions."
- Do what you love. "There's nothing that can actually compare to what it feels like when 'it's right.' The music is just dead right... The energy that is there is something that you will chase for the rest of your career."
- Don't be afraid. "Your fear of being wrong at a certain point can't keep you from creating your value."
- Give back. "Seeing people who don't know when they are going to see their next meal or if they're going to see their next meal is crazy. I want to feed a billion hungry people. This is our world. These are our streets. Let's do this."
- Have a sense of humor!
(Source: Evan Carmichael)