DMX is being hospitalized after suffering from a reported overdose. TMZ first reported that X, born Earl Simmons, had an asthma attack but one witness said he “had ingested some sort of powder before lapsing into unconsciousness."
According to reports, Yonkers police found the rapper unconscious Monday evening lying on his back in a Ramada Inn. He reportedly did not have a pulse and he had stopped breathing. The police successfully performed CPR before taking him to a hospital.
It has been a rough couple of years for DMX. Whether it's his constant run in with the law, his house going into foreclosure, or his son trying to sell his platinum plaques, X cannot escape making news headlines.
DMX is currently in stable condition. Stay tuned for more updates.