President Barack Obama is the third most powerful person in the world according to Forbes.
Obama, who was second on the list last year, was topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the second spot, moving three places from last year's fifth-place ranking. Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed the No. 1 for the third straight year.
Other notable names on the list are Pope Francis, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, Bill Gates; and newcomers Donald Trump and billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn.
Editors at Forbes evaluated each person according to: the financial resources they control, their ability to exert power, if they have power in different aspects of life, and their active use of power.
Check out the list's top 10 below, and you can view the full list here.
1. Vladimir Putin – Russian president
2. Angela Merkel – German chancellor
3. Barack Obama – U.S. president
4. Pope Francis
5. Xi Jinping – Chinese president
6. Bill Gates – co-founder of Microsoft, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
7. Janet Yellen – Federal Reserve chair
8. David Cameron – U.K. prime minister
9. Narendra Modi – Indian prime minister
10. Larry Page – Alphabet CEO